.

Thursday 20 May 2010

Hama Beads





One of my many hobbies is playing with Hama Beads. These are the little plastic fuse beads that you arrange on a peg board and then iron in order to fuse together. I use a programme which can pixelate photos and you can then convert these to Hama Beads!


I did a large picture for my brother's birthday recently. The actual picture is of a character called Sully from the film "Commando". This is my brothers favourite film of all time so I thought I'd do this design for him. The picture is made up of over 10,000 individual beads and took me several weeks to complete.



The first photo shows it still on the boards before I ironed it. The last shows it framed and ready to go.


I think it has come out well although the photo I used was slightly blurred as it was a screen shot from the film rather than a photo. The best photos to use are very clear close ups. I did start one of my son Frankie's face but I pulled it apart because I wasn't happy with it. When I get some spare time I think I may try it again!


Carly x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing. I did not know there were programs for that.
I have always been fascinated by fabric portraits. I'll have to try beads.
I am sure he was flattered.

Nancy said...

WOW that is amazing you should be very proud

x