As you can see from the pictures, my desk is a mess! I am busy making cards for Fathers Day (My Dad, Father-In-Law, Husband blah blah blah)
I saw an idea a few months ago in an issue of Papercraft Inspirations which I have been wanting to make for a while.
It was a shed design card which I have adapted slightly. I found a roll of wood effect sticky back plastic in Hobbycraft for 49p which I thought would be great to use for the shed.
I cut the card into a shed shape and then added strips of covered card for the roof and decorative diamond. I then cut the door out which I struggled with! Not as neat as I would like but not bad for a first attempt. I then added hinges and a sign which I inked and then added tacks using a silver pen (brads would have been better).
I then made some flower pots and a spade out of card (I have just ordered a Sizzix Big Shot which I cannot wait to start using! It would have been great for this sort of card.)
To finish it off I added some punched flowers and leaves.
Am reasonably happy but it could do with being a bit neater and I am going to cover the inside of the card with the wood effect on my second attempt to see if it looks a bit better.
The front of the card is a little flimsy after cutting the door out so need to strengthen it a bit. I did add some flower pots inside hoping this would strengthen but this hasn't worked.
As always, the inside of my card has let it down. I am never very good when it comes to the insides of cards!
If anyone has any tips on how I can improve this card, I would be grateful
Anyway, I'm off to have another go
Looks a little better I think